There no activity on earth more simple or enjoyable than eating. The love of food is an exercise that crosses all cultural barriers and unites us as a species. But while we might put a lot of effort into thinking about what we eat, we never really bother to think about how we eat, or whether it can be improved. A lot of eating habits are simply engrained social conventions, things we learned at an early age and never really stopped to consider.
But here at Twisted, we're always looking at ways of making eating easier, tastier or just more fun. So without further ado, here's our rundown of some of the foods you've been eating the wrong way all along - and some of our suggestions of how to do it right next time.
1. Hassle-back potatoes give you all the goodness of a baked potato in finger-sized portions
2. The correct way to nab a piece of Toblerone.
3. Turn your sushi to the side to prevent your rice soaking up too much soy
4. Cut your cupcake in half to create a cupcake sandwich
5. Crack an egg into chopped bell peppers for the ultimate breakfast
6. Use a straw to neatly core strawberries
7. Corkscrew your hotdogs to grill the meat better
8. Wrap your taco in lettuce leaves for extra crunch
9. And keep them standing upright using a fork
10. For an easy mayo, mix sour cream with egg yolk and a tablespoon of mustard
11. Pour hot milk into an almost-empty jar of Nutella for an amazing hot drink.
12. Shake an egg before you boil it to get a gigantic yolk.
13. Reheat leftover pizza in the frying pan instead of the microwave for a better taste
And if you're looking for something to make your bacon a bit more guilt-free, why not have a look at his video showing exactly how to make bacon and egg filled avocado breakfasts. Nice one.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm absolutely starving now. But don't just rush off and forget everything you've learned today. Savour it and share it with others. And next time you've got a date over and they want to just order a pizza, wow them instead with some of our tips. That'll set their socks on fire.