They say that you eat with your eyes as much as your mouth. No wonder, then, that this beautiful Birds Eye Garden Peas and chicken biryani is as dazzling as it is delicious! Packed with flavour, this picture-perfect rice dish is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. What better excuse to start eating in full colour.
- Combine your chicken with the yoghurt, lemon juice, turmeric, chilli powder and salt in a bowl. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Heat your butter in a large wide saute pan over medium heat and add your cumin seeds, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick. Cook for 1 min before adding your garlic, ginger and cook for another 2 mins. Add your onion and red pepper, then fry for 5-10 mins until the onion is soft and translucent and the peppers are soft. Add your coriander powder and stir until all coated.
- Add your chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook for another 10 mins, stirring all the while.
- Add marinated chicken to the pan cook until seared and the spices are aromatic about 5 mins.
- Stir the rice and stock into the pan and put a tight-fitting lid on it. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn down to simmer for 5 mins. Turn off the heat and leave to steam for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook your peas in boiling water for 3 minutes until they float, then drain.
- Stir your peas through your biryani and season to taste. Garnish with yoghurt, chopped coriander and crispy onions and serve!