12 hole muffin tin
They say that some things are beyond perfection. They said the iconic Big Mac is one of them - a lily that shouldn't be gilded. They said the world was flat, but now we have Mini Muffin Tin Big Macs, simplicity incarnate, bite-sized bliss nestled neatly in a muffin tin.
- 400g bread dough
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 burger patties, broken into 8 equal sized chunks
For the Big Mac Sauce
- 225g mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pickles
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
For the burgers
- Finely chopped white onion
- Shredded lettuce
- Finely sliced gherkins
They say that some things are beyond perfection. The iconic Big Mac is supposedly one of them - a lily that shouldn't be gilded, a Mona Lisa of mince, bread and delicious sauce. They said the world was flat, but now we have Mini Muffin Tin Big Macs, simplicity incarnate, bite-sized bliss nestled neatly in a muffin tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F
- Grease a muffin tin and place 100g round balls of dough in four of the muffin tin holes. Sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
- Fashion the burger pieces into small burger patties and press them into the eight remaining holes - make sure they are a tiny bit too big for the holes as the meat tends to shrink, so they should fit to exactly the right size for the buns - satisfying much?
- Bake for 15 minutes until the burger buns have doubled in size and sound hollow when tapped.
- While the buns are in the oven whisk all the ingredients together for the sauce, adding more salt or sugar according to your taste.
- When out of the oven cut the burger buns into three pieces. Slather the bottom bun with the sauce, followed by some chopped onion, finely shredded lettuce, a piece of burger cheese, a burger from the tin and some pickles. Add the second piece of the bun and repeat these steps, finishing with the final top piece of the bun.
- Your tiny burgers are now complete! Have two, or even all four! Enjoy yourself!