- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (425ºF). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Work the butter into the flour into pea-sized pieces some larger pieces are okay.
- Add in the cheese, spring onions and bacon until evenly distributed.
- Mix 3/4 cup of the cream with maple syrup, add it in a stream to the mix using a fork to combine.
- Try squeezing the dough together; add a bit more cream until it’s a shaggy dough and knead just gently to combine. Then turn out onto the table.
- Press it together into a rectangle. Then cut into 4 and place all four on top of one another then press down.
- Pat it and roll it gently into a 7-8” circle. Then cut into 8 pieces. Arrange on the prepared baking tray. Place the tray in the fridge for 30 minutes to help chill the butter again.
- Brush each scone with cream. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.