Cuddle up with some classic comfort food, courtesy of our friends at Richmond Sausages. Layered with bacon, creamy batter and tangy cheddar cheese, this twist on toad in the hole is a perfect family fare - and it couldn’t be easier to cook!
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Wrap each sausage in bacon. Arrange bacon-wrapped sausages in a casserole dish and bake until golden brown.
- While the sausages are cooking, prepare the batter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, thyme leaves salt and pepper. Create a well in the middle and add the eggs, milk, melted butter and mustard. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- When the sausages are golden, pour the batter over and around the sausages in the dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Turn the oven up to 200ºC. Return to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and puffed up.
- Remove and serve immediately with gravy, mashed potatoes and peas.