- 4 cups mashed potato
- 10 rashers bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 soft boiled eggs (6 minutes)
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
Taking your traditional scotch egg to the next breakfast level!
- Mix together mashed potato, bacon, cheese, spring onions, salt and, pepper until combined.
- Press a handful in your palm. Place a soft boil egg in the centre and gentle wrap and seal tightly.
- Repeat with remaining mix and eggs. Set aside to chill.
- Set up a breading station. Toss each in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining mash eggs.
- Fry at 175ºC for 2 minutes until golden brown