In this Chicken Cordon Bleu Cheese Stuffed Mash Pie, the classic flavors of chicken cordon bleu meet crispy baked mash to make the perfect week-night dinner.
- Heat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Melt some oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add your chicken breast chunks, season them and fry for about 5 mins until cooked and starting to go golden. Set aside.
- In a wide saucepan, melt your butter. Add your onion and fry for about 5 mins until soft. Add your garlic and cook for a further 1 min. Put your flour in the pan, stirring so it fully coats the onion and cooking for one minute. Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring all the while, then simmer for 5 mins until thickened.
- Add your cream, simmer for another 2 mins, before putting your chicken, ham, gruyere, parmesan and mustard in the pan. Stir to combine, then finish with your parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Mash your potatoes, then season with salt and pepper. Take a handful and flatten in your hand, then stuff with a cube of cheese and roll into a ball.
- Pour your chicken filling into a rectangular baking dish, then sprinkle with your mozzarella. Top with your mash balls, then bake for 30 mins.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve!