Midweek meal-prep has never been so straightforward, thanks to our latest Tex-Mex twist. This recipe for creamy Elmlea enchiladas is simply delicious and makes cooking with Mexican spice seem easier than ever. Serve them all at once for a family feast, or keep some in reserve for the greatest lunch ever - either way, you won’t be disappointed!
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Stir in garlic and spices and cook through for a minute.
- Add the tomato paste and cook through.
- Pour Elmlea Double gradually and whisk until smooth. Whisk in stock and season with salt, pepper.
- Mix together chicken, ½ sauce, 150g cheese, ½ chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes
- Lay out 10 tortillas and fill each with chicken mixture. Roll into a log and place each into a large greased baking dish.
- Bake at 180ºC (350ºF) for 10 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove dish from oven and pour remaining sauce over top, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.
- Divide portions into tupperware, enjoy!