12 people people
- 320g digestive biscuits
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g milk chocolate
- 150g butter
- 180g golden syrup
- 100g hazelnuts, halved
- 100g marshmallows
- 100g raisins
- 75g dried cherries
- 100g white chocolate
- 3 glace cherries
The perfect Christmas centrepiece for those who aren't fans of the traditional Christmas pudding - this one is built out of chocolate and biscuits and lots of other delicious things.
- Line a glass bowl with a double layer of cling film, leaving some overhang on the edges.
- Place the digestives in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin to break them into small pieces.
- Put the dark and milk chocolate, the butter and the golden syrup in a large heatproof bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water and leave to melt over a low heat. Stir to combine, then leave to cool for 2 mins.
- Stir through the biscuits, marshmallows, hazelnuts, raisins and dried cherries until all combined.
- Press into the cling film lined bowl so that the mixture is all compact. Once the bowl is cool, pop it in the fridge overnight to set.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl set over a simmering pan. Leave to cool for a couple of mins.
- Turn the chocolate pudding out of its bowl. Carefully pour the white chocolate over the top, then place the place cherries on top. Serve and enjoy!