Ah, the tortilla. Erstwhile Mexico's humble carb blanket, this humble taco enabler has reached truly global acclaim due to its adaptability. See it here in its latest role in this delectable stack of good vibes. Savoury cheese and ham or sweet, sweet unbranded chocolate spread? You decide.
Ham & Cheese Tortilla Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Whisk the eggs with cream, parmesan, pepper, nutmeg.
- Grease a skillet and lay the first tortilla down. Top with three slices of ham and another three of cheese, then pour over a little of the egg mixture. Repeat to the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Hazelnut Spread Tortilla Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F
- Whisk the eggs with the cream, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence.
- Grease the skillet and lay the first tortilla down, then spread with the hazelnut chocolate and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through, then finish with the butter and maple syrup.