- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 - 5 mixed peppers, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 500ml double cream
- 2 large sheets puff pastry
- 4 cups grated cheddar
- 1 egg, beaten
Fajitas meet pies in one of the most glorious double acts to grace the culinary stage. Glorious flaky pastry and creamy, spicy, cheesy chicken. It's the one.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed saucepan and fry the onion and peppers until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a minute or so more.
- Add the shredded chicken and the fajita spices and stir everything together, then pour in the cream and stir everything together.
- Lay one of the big sheets of pastry on a lined baking tray and top it with the creamy fajita mix. Leave a little gap around the edges to stick the pastry lid on top. Scatter the cheese on top of the mix.
- Brush around the edge with the beaten egg and stick the lid on top, then brush the whole thing with egg and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes (until the pastry has turned a lovely golden colour).