3 chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
1 cup buttermilk
3 tbsp hot sauce
2 tbsp milk
2 cups four
1/2 cup corn meal
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Oil for frying
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp Mustard powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tbsp finely chopped capers
1 tsp hot sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp grated horseradish
1 tbsp Pickle juice
Baguette lightly toasted
Traditionally made with fried oysters, po'boys are a hit in New Orleans. We've simple switched it to fried chicken which is equally as delicious. Aren't all sandwiches filled with fried food the greatest?
- Mix together chicken and buttermilk and let sit for 20 minutes. Then drain from buttermilk.
- Mix together eggs, 3 tbsp hot sauce and milk. In a separate bowl mix together flour, corn meal, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, followed by egg then back into the flour.
- Repeat with remaining chicken and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fry chicken in oil at 175ºC in batched until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the remoulade, mix together mayonnaise, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, capers, hot sauce, garlic, horseradish, and pickle juice.
- Spread remoulade on the inside of the buns. Top with lettuce and some tomatoes
- Top with fried chicken pieces, and serve with extra remoulade and hot sauce