Jalapeño Popper Cheesy Mash Dogs
- Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 6-8
What you need
4 cups potatoes, mashed
10 sliced bacon, chopped and cooked crispy
6 jalapeños, diced
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3-4 hot dogs, cut in half
Sliced mozzarella cheese
3 Beaten Eggs
Oil for frying
Cheesy hot dogs wrapped in a jalapeño popper flavoured mashed potato. These “corn dog” like treats are easy to make and the mash can be flavoured with more or less spice!
- In a large bowl, mix together potatoes, bacon, jalapeños, sour cream, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Wrap each hot dog half in a slice of mozzarella cheese the same size. Poke one skewer through each hot dog.
- Wrap each in potato mix and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Coat each in four then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to 170ºC. Fry each until golden brown
- Dip into sauce of choice, enjoy!