Garlic Bread Chicken Pizza Roll
- Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 6
What you need
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1/1 cup pizza sauce
- 12 sheets mozzarella
- 12 pieces pepperoni
- Pizza dough
Following on in the theme of chicken logs - we've had fajita and pesto - Twisted are pleased to bring you the Spiral Chicken Pizza Roll. Tender chicken, gooey mozzarella, delicious pizza sauce all encased in a beautiful pizza dough shell.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Lay the chicken breasts between two pieces of clingfilm and hit them with a rolling pin to flatten them out to roughly 1cm thickness.
- Lay all six bashed out breasts on another large sheet of clingfilm. Make sure they overlap to make a big chicken rectangle.
- Spoon over the pizza sauce and spread it over the chicken, then top with a layer of the mozzarella slices, some pepperoni and more mozzarella.
- Use the clingfilm to lift up the chicken and roll it over, making a spiral shape. Roll it up in more clingfilm to tighten it up then leave to set in the fridge.
- Roll out the pizza dough to around 1 cm and place the chicken at one end then roll up, pinching together the ends to remove any superfluous dough. Place on a baking tray and cook for 40 - 50 minutes, until a thermometer registers the chicken as cooked.