The best thing to happen TO sliced bread... Check out our 6 Bread Hacks and get inspired to think outside the box with your loaves. With options like Butter Chicken Triangles, Chicken Cordon Bleu Hot Pockets, and Cinnamon Toast Sticks there's something for everyone.
Mac 'n' Cheese Bombs
- Take a handful of your macaroni cheese and roll it up in a ball.
- Wet a piece of bread and wrap around the ball so it is totally sealed.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan to 180°C. Heat your balls for about 3 mins until golden outside and hot in the middle. Serve!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Hot Pockets
- Cut the crusts off a piece of bread and roll it out with a rolling pin. Spread with dijon, then top with a rectangle of ham, rectangle of cheddar, rectangle of mozzarella and shredded chicken.
- Brush the edge with flour water, then press a second rectangle on top.
- Shallow fry until golden, then toss in parmesan and parsley mixture and eat immediately!
- Toss your breadcrumbs in melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread on a tray and bake for 20 mins at 180°C until crisp.
Mini Pizza Cups
- Cut off crusts, roll out and cut into circle.
- Press into greased muffin tray and brush with garlic butter. Bake for 5 mins at 180°C until firm.
- Fill with sausage pizza sauce, cheese and mini pepperoni. Bake for 10 mins until cheese has melted, then top with basil and serve.
- Put your bread in the food processor and blitz until it is in fine crumbs.
- Fry finely sliced bacon until starting to crisp up. Add your breadcrumbs, jalapeños and garlic and toast for 2 mins until totally golden. Tip out into a bowl until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle over pasta!
Butter Chicken Triangles
- Cut the crusts off your bread and roll out.
- Put chicken filling and cheese on one half then brush edge with flour and fold over.
- Brush with garlic butter and bake for 20 mins at 180°C. Serve!