Get in the Mardi Gras spirit with this Giant Shrimp Po Boy. With juicy prawns, and a creamy Southern Comfort sauce, this classic cajun sandwich will have you dreaming of New Orleans!
- In a large bowl, stir together all the remoulade ingredients. Set aside until ready to use.
- Whisk together the flours and spices in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, Southern Comfort and hot sauce together.
- Coat each prawn in the flour mix, then shake off any excess and dip into the buttermilk mixture, then back into the flour mixture. Let sit on a rack for 5 minutes to hydrate the flour.
- Heat oil to 170°C and fry off each shrimp until golden brown.
- Slice open the French loaf. Spread a layer of the remoulade sauce on the sides. Top with shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes followed by the shrimp.
- Serve with a Perfect Peach Iced Tea!