This dish takes pasta bake to a whole new level - the oozing, creamy sauce is topped with cheesy garlic bread ready to dunk straight in.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on a low heat. Add the onions and a little salt, then sweat on a low heat for 5 mins before popping on the lid. Leave to sweat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally to stop them from sticking. Remove the lid and turn up the heat to allow the onions to caramelise, stirring often.
- When the onions are soft and caramelised, add the garlic and cook out for 1 min. Add the flour, cook for another minute then add the white wine and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add the beef stock, stir to combine then bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for 20 mins. Add the cream, salt and pepper then stir through the pasta.
- Pour the pasta into a baking dish and top with grated mozzarella. Lay the baguette slices on top, then brush with garlic butter. Sprinkle the top with grated gruyere, then bake in the oven for 25 mins until the top is golden and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.