Fried Chocolate Strawberries
What you need
- 200g chocolate
- 200g flour
- 100ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1ltr oil for frying
- 50g icing sugar for sprinkling
- Trim the leaves from the strawberry and skewer.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a bain marie then dip in each strawberry, turning to coat. Set on a baking tray in the fridge.
- Heat oil to 190°C/400°F
- Whisk flour, milk and eggs to make a thick batter and dip in each chocolate coated strawberry. Shake off excess batter and quickly fry (roughly 30 secs).
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve hot.