Tiramisu is delicious but this twist will blow you away! This Frozen Tiramisu Dome is large, but you'll totally feel like you've accomplished something massive when you slice into it. Go for it!
- Heat water to simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Add egg yolks, sugar and 1 tbsp Marsala wine to a large bowl that fits over the saucepan without touching the water.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture until it triples in volume and turns into a pale yellow.
- Remove from the heat and whip in the mascarpone cheese until smooth. Set aside
- In another large bowl, whip the 3 ½ cups of cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture being sure not to deflate the cream.
- Split the batter in half, add the melted chocolate and cocoa powder to one half and fold through to combine.
- Line a large, deep bowl with cling film.
- In a separate dish, mix together the coffee and coffee liqueur together. Quickly dip ladyfingers in the coffee mix. Line the bowl with lady fingers as seen in the video, putting little pieces to fill gaps. Add the plain tiramisu filling into the base, top with another layer of lightly dipped lady fingers. Pour over chocolate mix and smooth. Top with regular lady fingers (not dipped) for the base.
- Cover with cling film and freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, whip remaining 3 cups of whipping cream with vanilla and icing sugar to stiff peaks. Transfer to a piping bag and cut the tip off.
- Flip over onto a large serving board. Remove cling film. Pie dots of whipped cream around the dome to cover completely. Dust cocoa powder over the top.
- Serve immediately, enjoy!