Full English Breakfast Quiche
What you need
Up until this moment in food history, there was nothing particularly exciting about a quiche and never had the words "I really fancy quiche tonight" been uttered in a non sarcastic way. Well not only will this dish change the way you see quiches forever, but it will change the way you see a full English breakfast too.
If you thought it was impossible to make a Sunday morning fry up better than it already is, then that's because you haven't yet tried this particular quiche. The Full English Breakfast Quiche is everything you could ever want in one dish. It's a breakfast taste sensation and I guarantee it will put quiche back on the menu in a big way. Personally, I never plan to eat eggs any other way again.
What You'll Need:
- 12 chipolatas
- 8 rashers of bacon
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 500g block of shortcrust pastry
- 7 eggs
- 200ml double cream
- 150 whole milk
- Salt and Pepper
How You Make It:
- Roll out your pastry on a floured surface until about the thickness of a pound coin. Fold the big piece in on itself, lift and transfer to a 9" tart tin with a removable base. Fold out the pastry again until all sides are covered, then press the pastry in at the bottom and the sides of the tin.
- Fill with greaseproof, baking beads/rice/pulses and blind bake at 200degs for about 15 minutes, or until the pastry has hardened, cooked through and slightly coloured.
- Meanwhile, Cook your sausages, bacon, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Any way you like, but we roasted sausages, grilled tomatoes and bacon and fried our mushrooms in nice thick slices.
- Whisk together your eggs, cream and whole milk and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring out your pastry base, remove beads/rice and leave to cool slightly.
- Pop in your cooked breakfast items, chopped into manageable bits if necessary.
- Put your tin on a baking tray in the oven and pour in your mix until the tart is full.
- Bake for 30 mins at 160degs (fan).
- Leave to cool before removing from the tin, slicing and sharing. Enjoy!