How You Make It:
- Roll out your pastry on a floured surface until about the thickness of a pound coin. Fold the big piece in on itself, lift and transfer to a 9" tart tin with a removable base. Fold out the pastry again until all sides are covered, then press the pastry in at the bottom and the sides of the tin.
- Fill with greaseproof, baking beads/rice/pulses and blind bake at 200degs for about 15 minutes, or until the pastry has hardened, cooked through and slightly coloured.
- Meanwhile, Cook your sausages, bacon, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Any way you like, but we roasted sausages, grilled tomatoes and bacon and fried our mushrooms in nice thick slices.
- Whisk together your eggs, cream and whole milk and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring out your pastry base, remove beads/rice and leave to cool slightly.
- Pop in your cooked breakfast items, chopped into manageable bits if necessary.
- Put your tin on a baking tray in the oven and pour in your mix until the tart is full.
- Bake for 30 mins at 160degs (fan).
- Leave to cool before removing from the tin, slicing and sharing. Enjoy!