Full English Waffles
What you need
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 rashers bacon, cooked and diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved and grilled
- 100g mushrooms, cooked and sliced
- 3 chipolata sausages, cooked and sliced
- oil for greasing
- fried eggs, sea salt and tomato ketchup for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil then whisk well to combine.
- Tip in the bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and sausages. Stir.
- Heat a waffle iron and generously grease. Ladle some of the batter into the iron and spread out. Put the lid down and cook for about 5 minutes, or until golden and crisp on the outside.
- Serve with fried eggs, the sauces of your choice and sea salt.