- 1 tbsp oil
- 2.2lb finely sliced steak
- 3 green peppers finely sliced
- 1 large white onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 8 regular tortillas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3 cups grated provolone
Nachos - cue lots of jokes about how it's definitely not yours. This time, however, it can be - yet again Twisted are delighted to have given form to your innermost desires, combining two disparate dinners into one super group of food. Cheesesteak nachos combine tender beef, fried peppers and cheese with crunchy tortillas to, may we say, perfection.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Heat the oil in a large deep sided frying pan and fry the beef on a very high temperature, moving all the time until it's browned all over. Remove from the heat and place in a bowl.
- Add a little more oil and fry the peppers until nearly soft, then add the white onion and fry until both are really soft. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute, then add the steak back in.
- Season with the salt and pepper and give everything a stir then take off the heat and set aside.
- Cut the tortillas into triangles and whisk together the butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley. Dip the tortillas in the butter mix and place on a baking sheet and bake for around 15 minutes, until they've gone golden and crisped up. Leave on a wire rack to cool.
- When cool arrange in a pile on a lined baking sheet then top with the cheesesteak mix and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for around 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.