We decided to get quite silly and combine the spicy, meaty flavours of deep dish pizza with lasagna AND garlic bread. You can thank us later.
- Heat a large pan on a medium heat. Sweat the onion in a little oil until it starts to soften, then add the green peppers and mushrooms and cook for 5 mins, until they are all tender. Throw in the garlic, pepperoni and sausages and fry until the sausages are starting to go golden and the pepperoni has released its oils. Tip in the chopped tomatoes, red wine, oregano, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and simmer for 15 mins.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan on a medium heat. When foaming, add the flour and cook out for 1 min. Gradually add the milk in small increments, beating all the while until the mixture is totally smooth before adding another splash. Once all the milk has been added, simmer for 2 mins until the sauce has thickened. Add the cheese, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pop the water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and leave for 10 mins for the yeast to activate. Add the olive oil, salt and flour and stir to combine. Tip onto a floured surface and knead for 5 mins until the dough is totally smooth. Put in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave somewhere warm to prove for about an hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Heat your oven to 200C/400F.
- Grab a piece of pizza dough and roll it into a worm shape. Tie it in to a knot, then repeat with your remaining dough.
- In a buttered skillet pan, arrange your knots around the outer edge in a circle. In the centre, spoon some of your sausage mix. Top with a little cheese sauce, then a sheets of lasagne. Add more sausage sauce, cheese sauce and then mozzarella. Repeat, then top with your pepperoni slices. Brush the garlic knots with garlic butter, then put in the oven for 25 mins until the cheese on top is bubbly and the garlic knots are golden.
- Serve and enjoy!!