Cheese sandwiches and tomato soup go hand in hand. These fried cheesy garlic dippers add another dimension and are the perfect shape for dipping into the roasted tomato soup.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Add tomatoes, garlic, onion, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper to a roasting dish. Stir to coat well. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes until soft and slightly charred.
- Cut crusts off each slice of bread and cut in half lengthways.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and water to form a paste. Place one slice of mozzarella in the center of rectangle Spread flour paste around the edges and cover with the second piece of bread. Press edges together to seal. Continue with remaining bread and mozzarella.
- Heat oil to 170ºC.
- Fry each bread stick until golden brown. Drain on a rack.
- In a large bowl, mix together parmesan, pepper, parsley and garlic powder. Toss each drained and slightly cooled bread ravioli in the cheese mixture to coat.
- Place roasted tomatoes into a blender. Add stock and blend until smooth.
- Dip cheesy garlic bread sticks into soup and enjoy!