Get a pot of coffee on, this giant apple pie cinnamon roll with cinnamon icing is incredible. Perfect for dessert to end a lavish meal or simple for coffee time!
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Add apples, cinnamon and sugars. Cover and cook until softened and juices have reduced. Cool completely
- In a large bowl, add warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy
- Add softened butter, salt, eggs, and flour to the bowl and mix well.
Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approx 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread apple mixture evenly over dough. Cut into four strips. Roll each strip into each other to create a giant spiral.
- Place carefully into a large buttered skillet. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cover with foil if browning too much. Then bake for another 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Make icing and proud over entire bun evenly. Slice and serve.