Giant Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pesto Roll
What you need
- 6 chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 18 slices mozzarella
- 1 cup pesto
- Around 25 rashers bacon (large pack)
Now, you've seen many a log from us over the years. But never a chicken log. Never have you seen succulent chicken breasts covered in melting mozzarella and pesto, wrapped in a lovely bacon jacket.Today is the dawn of a new era, the Giant Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pesto Roll era.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Season each chicken breast and cover with clingfilm. Bash with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser until they are around 1 cm thick all the way through.
- Lay them all in a rectangle on another sheet of clingfilm (no gaps) and cover with two sheets height of mozzarella, then spread with pesto and carefully roll up. Set in the fridge for around half an hour so its easier to use in the next step.
- Stretch the bacon by scraping it carefully with the sharp side of a knife. Lay it overlapping in one sheet on an then place your unwrapped chicken log at one end and roll up tightly.
- Bake for around 45 - 55 minutes until cooked through.
- Enjoy, responsibly.