Chicken nuggets. Truly a feat of culinary excellence; to quote Bane: “so easy, so simple”… and so good! Being one of our favourite foods, Food Envy set out on the challenging course of improving chicken nuggets. How? Well it involves a lot of BBQ sauce and mozzarella.
The results are giant, stuffed and breaded pieces of chicken deliciousness; the ultimate party pleaser. I mean if there’s a more satisfying combination than chicken, mozzarella and BBQ sauce out there, I’ve not found it. Enjoy.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, whisked
- plain flour
- neutral oil, for frying
- mozzarella, cut into little cubes
- 500ml bbq sauce
How You Make It:
- Pour your bbq sauce into a small tray and pop in the freezer until it’s hard. Bring it out, pour then dice into little cubes.
- Whiz up your chicken breasts in a food processor until you have a nice paste. Transfer to a bowl and add your garlic powder, ground pepper and salt. Mix well to incorporate.
- Wet your hands a little, grab a small ball of chicken mix, flatten it in your hand to form a patty, then pop in a cube of cheese and sauce. Form the excess chicken around the cubes until you have a ball.
- Pop your ball in some flour, then egg, then crumbs. Repeat with the others until your mix is used up, then pop them on a tray and refrigerate for 30 mins to firm up. Heat some oil to 175 degs, then deep fry for 5-6 minutes or until nicely crispy and golden. Drain briefly on kitchen towel, then serve.