500g bread dough
800g beef mince
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 cup burger sauce
1/2 head iceberg, shredded
1/4 cup sliced pickles
1/2 white onion, finely chopped
6 slices American cheddar cheese
- Pre- heat oven to 200C.
- Roll bread dough into a log long enough to fit the bundt pan. Place in a greased bundt tin and pinch ends to seal. Cover with cling film and let rise until just doubled. Bake in oven for 45 minutes until dough is brown and when tapped on sounds hollow. Take out and let cool for 5 minute before removing from bundt tin.
- Mix beef mince with salt and pepper. Split into two balls with one slightly larger than the other. Flatten each on a piece of parchment paper until about 1/2” thick.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large non-stick pan. Carefully flip one large Pattie into hot oil. Sear for 3 minutes on each side, pressing down each time. Remove and cut out centre with a circle cookie cutter the same size as the centre of the bundt pan.
- Slice bread into thirds. Butter one side of each and the top of the bread. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the top of the buttered top bun. Toast the middle and bottom layer until just golden.
- Spread burger sauce on bottom layer of bun. Top with onions then lettuce then cheese then the large burger Pattie. Top with middle bun. Spread burger sauce, top with onions, lettuce, pickles and smaller Pattie. Top with top of bun with sesame seeds.
- Serve with French fries in the middle and extra burger sauce on the side