Giant Cheeseburger Wellington
- 800g beef mince
- 1/2 an onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 a cup gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 chunks red cheddar
- 1 large sheet of puff pastry
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 pack bacon, cooked until crisp
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Mix the beef with the chopped onion, gherkin, garlic and salt.
- When thoroughly combined turn out onto a board and shape into a log.
- Down the centre of the log press the cheese chunks, then bring the sides up over the top to seal in the cheese.
- Lay the sheet of puff pastry out (make sure it's wide enough and long enough that it'll completely cover the burger log with some left on each side to tuck underneath).
- Cover most of it with cheese leaving a strip on one side, then lay strips of bacon and place the burger log on the other side.
- Roll the log, taking the pastry with you, until you get to the other side and the pastry rolls over itself. Tuck the sides underneath.
- Using a pastry brush paint the egg yolks all over the pastry, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then serve with chips and burger sauce!