- 30 sizzler steaks
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, halved
- 3 green peppers, cut into slices
- 1 onion, cut into slices
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Salt & pepper to taste
Planning a birthday party, wedding or sorority ball? Have a lot of mouths to feed and really want to go that extra mile to wow your guests with both your largesse and culinary genius? Look no further than this big boy - exquisitely cooked beef served with gravy drenched peppers and onions, rounded off in a baguette with smooth cheesy sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C/380°F.
- Season the steaks with salt, pepper, garlic and a splash of oil.
- Skewer half an onion with a large sharp dowling round and thread the steaks onto it, one at a time, making sure they go up in a spiral to help it balance.
- When you're nearly at the top spike another onion on the stick.
- Scatter the peppers and onions around the base and bake for around 3/4 hours or until the meat is tender, basting occasionally.
- Make the cheese sauce by heating the butter till foaming, adding the flour and then slowly adding the milk. When the sauce is smooth stir in the cheeses and season.
- Remove the kebab from the oven and slice with a sharp knife, then serve in sliced baguettes with the cheese sauce.