Giant Chicken Fajita Kebab
- Time: 1 hr
- Serves: 8
What you need
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Juice of 3 limes
- 8 chicken breasts
- Half a lime
- Chopped mixed peppers & onions
- Sour cream
This guy might be one of our favourite creations ever to leave the Twisted stable. A glorious tower of perfectly cooked chicken, crispy on the outside, tender within. It's basically the best part of a night out without having to leave the house, the ultimate dinner with friends - just make sure you have a sharp knife and a big pointy stick.
- Whisk together the yoghurt, brown sugar, garlic, salt, spices, oil and lime juice.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and pour over the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Take a dowling rod with two pointy ends (you can sharpen with a pencil sharpener!) and stick it in the round side of half an onion - this is to make a stable base for the kebab.
- Skewer the breasts through the middle, building them up in a cross shape so that the whole thing doesn't fall over.
- Surround with peppers and onions and bake for an hour (or until a temperature probe registers as 71°C.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa, sour cream and cheddar.