1 cup sautéed mixed peppers and onions
3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1/2 cup salsa
3 tbsp fajita seasoning
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
1 can evaporated milk
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp hot sauce
This giant fajita swirl bun is smothered in a delicious queso sauce. Perfect for sharing and delicious!
- Mix together peppers, onions, chicken, salsa and fajita seasoning until coated.
- Roll out dough until about 1/4” thick. Sprinkle grated mozzarella evenly over the dough. Spread the chicken mix over the dough evenly. Cut the dough into thirds.
- Roll one strip into itself. Place onto of another strip and continue rolling. Repeat.
- Gently lift into a parchment lined skillet. Cover and let rise for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Bake covered for 40 minutes and 10 uncovered.
- While baking, make cheese sauce. Heat evaporated milk. Mix together cornstarch and cheese. Add to milk and. Heat through. When bubbling add hot sauce and take off the heat.
- When baked, remove onto a serving platter. Pour cheese sauce generously over top. Sprinkle with sliced jalapenos.