They see me rollin'... this Giant Cordon Bleu Lasagna Roll for dinner tonight! This creative take on a classic dish is both delicious and fun. Give it a shot, but don't blame us if you never look at regular chicken cordon bleu the same way again.
- Combine your garlic granules, Italian herb mix and salt in a bowl.
- Pour over your chicken along with your olive oil. Rub until totally coated in the mix.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add your chicken breasts and cook for a few minutes on each side until your chicken is cooked and tender and the outside is golden.
- Shred your chicken and set aside.
- Melt your butter in a medium sized saute pan before adding your flour. Cook out for a couple of mins before gradually pouring in your milk. Stir until you have a smooth paste before adding more milk until you have a totally smooth sauce. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 mins.
- Add your mustard, gruyere, parmesan, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour half of your creamy sauce onto your chicken and stir to combine.
- Cut your lasagna into strips lengthways. Spread with a little of your chicken mixture, then top with ham and sprinkle with some gruyere and emmental. Roll into a tight spiral, then roll onto more lengths of lasagna until you have one large roll.
- Place in a springform tin lined with butter. Top with your remaining béchamel, sprinkle with your remaining cheese and bake for 30 mins at 200°C/400°F.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve!