This giant crunchy wonder is a great snack to feed your friends. Served with a tangy cheesy dipping sauce, everyone will love it!
- Heat some oil in a large pan on a low heat. Add the onions and cook gently over a low heat with a lid on for 20 mins, stirring occasionally to prevent them from sticking. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat some oil over a medium-high heat. Add the steak, along with some salt and pepper, and fry for 2-3 mins until cooked and starting to caramelise. Remove from the pan.
- Wipe the pan clean and add a little more oil. Add the green peppers to the pan and stir fry until starting to soften, about 5 mins. Allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook out for 1 min. Gradually add the milk in small increments, beating until totally smooth before adding the next bit. Once all the milk is added, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 min to thicken. Add the onion, powder, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, beef, peppers and sauce. On a tray lined with parchment, spoon the mixture into a large donut shape. Put in the freezer until fully set for about 2 hours.
- Heat your evaporated milk in a pan over a medium heat. Combine the cheddar with the cornstarch in a bowl then tip into the evaporated milk. Stir until thick and smooth. Add the hot sauce, salt and cayenne pepper and stir to combine. Keep warm.
- Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs on separate large plates. Dip the giant ring in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in turn.
- Fill a large wide pan a third of the way with vegetable oil and heat to 180C/350F. Gently put the giant onion ring in the oil and fry for 5 mins until golden.
- Serve your giant onion ring with your cheesy sauce, enjoy!!