Giant Philly Cheesesteak Square
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F,
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large sautee pan.
- Fry the beef until brown all over then remove from the pan.
- Add a splash more oil and add the sliced onion. Cook until soft then add the mushrooms and continue frying.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Clean the pan then set the mix aside.
- Add the evaporated milk. In a bowl, toss the grated cheese with the cornflour and add to the evaporated milk. Heat gently and stir the cheese to make a smooth sauce - add some salt to taste.
- Use tongs to place the beef on one of the sheets of pastry. Pour the cheese sauce over the top.
- Brush the edges with egg wash and place the second sheet of pastry over the top and crimp the edges together. Brush with more egg wash.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until well risen and golden.