As anyone who’s ever enjoyed a weekend knows, Sundays are for stuffing yourself. What better way to indulge than with this epic roast dinner burger? Made with mountains of sausage meat, crispy potatoes, and cheesy chicken, all sandwiched between two giant Yorkshire pudding buns, it’s the ultimate hand-held feast. Get the whole family involved and tuck in!
- Heat your oven to 200°C. Parboil your potatoes, drain and toss in the colander before placing in a pan of hot oil along with the rosemary and thyme. Toss the potatoes in the oil along with the salt and place in the oven for about an hour and a half, turning every so often to ensure even browning.
- Fry off your onion in the butter for about 5 mins until softened. Tip into a bowl along with your chopped apple, sausagemeat, breadcrumbs, cranberries, sage, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Combine with your hands until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Using a large springform cake tin, shape your stuffing mix into a large patty. Bake in the oven for 25 mins until cooked through and starting to caramelise.
- Heat your oven to 220°C. Place your plain flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Make a well in the middle and pour your eggs into it. Whisk into your flour, then gradually pour in your milk, whisking all the while until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat half of your oil in a medium-sized skillet pan in the oven. Once really hot and sizzling, remove from the oven and quickly pour half your Yorkshire batter into the skillet. Place back in the oven and cook for 25 mins - do not open the door in this time. Remove from the pan and keep warm, then repeat with your remaining batter.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan on medium-low heat. Lay your turkey slices, sprinkle with grated Lancashire cheese then place a lid on top. Leave for 2 mins until the cheese has melted, then remove from the heat.
- Assemble your burger - on the base of one Yorkshire, place a spoonful of gravy and your roast potatoes. Top with your stuffing patty, your turkey and your vegetables. Place your second Yorkshire on top, then fill the hollow with pigs in blankets. Serve with gravy!