Spaghetti and meatballs- a dinner time classic. This Giant Spaghetti Stuffed Meatball is a showstopper and a great way to switch up a classic!
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- Mix together beef, sausage meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley, tomato paste, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well until combined and smooth.
- Line a large deep bowl with cling film. Press the meat mixture along the bottom and sides of the bowl to form a “bowl” that is about ½” thick or so. Leave about a handful of meat aside Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until aromatic. Sprinkle in chilli flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Lower the heat and add the passata.
- Stir to combine, bring to a simmer then cover with a lid. Cook for 20-30 minutes until thickened.
- Remove two ladlefuls of the sauce and set aside.
- Add cooked pasta to remaining sauce and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella in the bottom of the meat mixture bowl. Top with half of the spaghetti. Sprinkle more mozzarella followed by the remaining pasta. Press the edges together and add the remaining meat on top and press to seal well.
- Flip it onto a greased cast iron pan. Brush with oil and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and cooked through.