1 onion diced
8 rashers bacon, chopped finely
1 tbsp oil
1 onion finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
750g beef mince
2 tsp oregano
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp cream
1 can chopped tomatoes
Par-cooked Lasagna Sheets
1 1/2 Cups Bechamel
1/2 cup Grated Mozzarella
1/4 Cup grated parmesan
Lasagna in a spiral form. Because regular lasagna is boring and why not play around with the classic. Same flavours but this Spiral Lasagna cake is a show stopper and sure to impress!
- In a large pan, cook bacon until fat has started to render and just slightly golden. Add oil and onions. Cook until onions are softened. Add garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Add tomato paste and stir to coat well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Crumble in beef and cook until browned and juices have reduced. Add wine and let alcohol evaporate. Add chopped tomatoes, cream, and all seasoning. Str to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often. (Add a bit of water if it thickens too much). Remove from heat and let chill completely.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line a springform pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange noodles flat. Top with a couple slices of mozzarella. Top with a couple tablespoons of ragu and flatten. Repeat with remaining noodles, cheese and rags. Roll one into a spiral and continue rolling into each-other to create a large spiral. Carefully place into a springform pan.
- Pour béchamel overtop, smoothen. Sprinkle with mozzarella and grated parmesan. Cover and bake for 30- 4o minutes.Remove top and grill for 5 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes.