Giant Strawberry Pop Tart
- Time: 40 miuntes
- Serves: 6-8
What you need
4 cups chopped strawberries
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup icing sugar
4 tbsp heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 sheets rolled pie crust
Sprinkles of choice
We all remember the infamous Pop Tart coming out of the toaster in the morning. The classic flavour is strawberry with a vanilla glaze and sprinkles. So we decided to make one 10 times the size which is perfect for sharing! A giant pop tart is a dish you can never go wrong with!
- In a pot over medium heat, cook down strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, salt and cornstarch until strawberries are broken down and a thick jam like consistency.
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Roll out two sheets of pie dough and place on a lined baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Place one sheet of pie dough down. Spread jam in the centre leaving about 1” around the edges
- Brush the edges with egg wash and place second piece of pie dough on top. Crimp edges with a fork. Pop small holes over the entire top of the crust. Brush evenly with egg wash. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Mix together icing sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth.
- While the pop tart is still just warm, spread the glaze on top and sprinkle with the sprinkles.
- Let set and then enjoy!