Treat your lover to this enormous eclair. Incorporating traditional Valentines ingredients of strawberries and chocolate, it's all about to get very sexy.
- Add the water and butter to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, allowing the butter to pool in the centre of the saucepan, then remove from the heat
- Sift the flour with the salt and tip into the water butter mixture. Beat vigorously over the heat until you have a smooth mixture. Tip this mixture into a food processor and allow to cool slightly.
- Blitz the mixture in the food processor and gradually pour in the eggs (you might not need all of them!) until you have a luscious shiny mixture. When you tip some off a spoon it should have a reluctant dropping consistency.
- Pop the mixture into a piping bag and cut a large hole.
- Bake at 200C/400F for 35 mins. Poke holes in either end, turn the temperature down to 150C/300F and return to the oven for 20 further mins. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Add the strawberries into a large pan with the sugar and lemon juice. Simmer and allow the strawberries to break down and form a thick compote, about 10 mins. Leave to cool completely.
- Put the cream and icing sugar in a large bowl and whisk into stiff peaks with a hand mixer. Add the cold strawberry compote, and whisk again until it is of piping consistency.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan, then pour over the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Leave to sit for 2 mins before stirring to combine into a smooth ganache.
- Cut the eclair in half lengthways and pipe in the strawberry cream mix.
- Put the top of the eclair on top. Pipe the chocolate ganache over the top of the eclair and sprinkle with the freeze-dried strawberries. Serve!