- 1 packet Schwartz Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Rack Baby Back Ribs
Pineapple BBQ Glaze
- 250ml pineapple juice
- 125ml cider vinegar
- 250ml BBQ sauce
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Schwartz dried thyme
- Rice, Peas, Caribbean coleslaw, to serve
Jerk - they very word is evocative of the smell of smoke drifting on the breeze, ripe with the aromas of sizzling meat over hot coals, sunshine and beach parties. With Schwartz Jerk Seasoning you can easily take the summer home and add spice and Caribbean vibes to all sorts of meats - we've gone for delectable, juicy, tender pork ribs. Get inventive on the BBQ or with your oven grill.
- Trim the ribs of any sinew.
- Rub them all over with the Schwartz Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- Transfer to a large roasting tin and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 155°C for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make your BBQ sauce. Add all ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Reduce slightly then remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- When your ribs are ready, brush them copiously with the sauce.
- Transfer to a grill preheated to 200°C.
- Flip your ribs (carefully), glazing with more sauce as you go.
- When you have nice colour all over your ribs, transfer to a chopping board and divide into portions.
- Serve and enjoy!