Anyone who is on a constant life quest to find the perfect burger can finally stop looking. We’ve done the ground work so you don’t have to and as chicken burgers go, this one is probably the closest the food heaven we’ve ever managed to achieve.
Behold the Glazed Buffalo Chicken Burger Bake. It’s baked so it’s probably healthy and the glaze we added to the buns means that every single bite is jam packed full of flavour. We strongly advice you take a leaf out of our book and make these burgers six at a time, because one is just never enough.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 Chicken Breasts, butterflied and cut in two
- 250ml buttermilk (or Kefir works well!)
- 200g flour
- 1/2 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 burger buns
- 60g unsalted butter
- 100ml Hot Sauce
- 50ml Honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 12 rashers of streaky bacon, cooked and crispy
- Gherkin slices
- 12 Cheese slices
How You Make It:
- Season your flour with the paprika, garlic powder, cayenne and salt. Drop each of your chicken pieces into said flour, then dunk in the buttermilk, then back in the flour. Pop them all on a baking sheet and bake with a good lug of oil for 20 minutes at 220ºC/420.
- Meanwhile, cut your buns in half and place the bottom half of each in a tray just big enough to fit all 6 snugly.
- Place a cooked piece of chicken down on each bun. Top with 2 pieces of bacon, 2 cheese slices and 3 gherkins.
- Finish with the top bun.
- Heat the butter, honey and hot sauce together in a pan until bubbly. Pop in the sesame seeds and mix. Remove from heat and pour all over the burgers.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 190ºC/174ºF.
- Dunk in blue cheese dip!