1 cup (240ml) milk, warmed
1/2 cup (135g) granulated sugar
2 tablespoons active dry yeast (2 standard size packets)
1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature and cut into 4 pieces
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 and 1/2 cups (562g) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting/rolling
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup cream
1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, add warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy
- Add softened butter, salt, eggs, and flour to the bowl and mix well.
Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approx 1/4 inch thick
- Spread butter In an even layer over the dough. Mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar and spread evenly over the butter. Cut the dough into four and roll each into a tight roll pinching the edges to seal. Cut into 1/2” pieces and place into a greased bundt tin.
- Cover with cling film and let proof for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 180ºC oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Let cool
- In a jug whisk together icing sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth. Pour over warm cake.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!