1 cup (240ml) milk, warmed
1/2 cup (135g) granulated sugar
2 tablespoons active dry yeast (2 standard size packets)
1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature and cut into 4 pieces
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 and 1/2 cups (562g) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting/rolling
36 sandwich cookies
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup cream
2 cups icing
1/2 cup cream
1 tsp vanilla
1tbsp melted butter
Finely crushed sandwich cookies
Indulge in these delicious cookies and cream swirl buns. Spread with cookies and cream cookie butter on the inside which bakes into these soft buns beautifully.
- In a large bowl, add warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy
- Add softened butter, salt, eggs, and flour to the bowl and mix well.
Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approx 1/4 inch thick
- In a food processor, add cookies and coconut oil. Blitz until just combined. Slowly pour in cream while the mixer is running. Continue to run for about 3-5 minutes, scraping the bowl every so often. Add additional cream if necessary to create a spreadable consistency.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Butter/grease/spray with nonstick spray the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish, then line with parchment paper. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll into a 12x18 inch even rectangle.
- Spread cookie spread evenly over dough
- Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes. Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes until golden golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- In a bowl or jug mix together icing sugar and cream until smooth. Top rolls while still warm. Sprinkle with crushed cookies.