Indulge in these delicious cookies and cream swirl buns. Spread with cookies and cream cookie butter on the inside which bakes into these soft buns beautifully.
- In a large bowl, add warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy
- Add softened butter, salt, eggs, and flour to the bowl and mix well.
Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approx 1/4 inch thick
- In a food processor, add cookies and coconut oil. Blitz until just combined. Slowly pour in cream while the mixer is running. Continue to run for about 3-5 minutes, scraping the bowl every so often. Add additional cream if necessary to create a spreadable consistency.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Butter/grease/spray with nonstick spray the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish, then line with parchment paper. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll into a 12x18 inch even rectangle.
- Spread cookie spread evenly over dough
- Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes. Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes until golden golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- In a bowl or jug mix together icing sugar and cream until smooth. Top rolls while still warm. Sprinkle with crushed cookies.