A giant French toast cinnamon roll is the perfect centrepiece for family brunch. Satisfy the sweet-tooths at the table with this show stopper. Easy to make and takes like cinnamon buns!!
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Cut the crusts off all slices of bread. Put four together just slightly overlapping and press the seems together using your fingers to seal. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Spread butter evenly over each piece of bread. In a small bowl mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over the buttered bread and smoothen. Cut each strip of bread in half to create 8 strips. Roll one strip and then put onto the next and continue to roll to form a large spiral.
- Place into a butter greased 8-inch removable bottom cake pan.
- In a large glass, jug whisk together eggs, cream, milk, sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until smooth. Pour over bread spiral and let soak for 10-15 minutes until completely absorbed.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until puffed up, golden brown and cooked through. Cover with foil if it gets dark on top too quickly.
- In another jug whisk together icing sugar, milk, melted butter and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Remove from cake pan carefully. Pour glaze over while still warm. Enjoy!