What makes gnocchi better? Using it as a crispy topping to a spicy, meaty ragu of course. Top with cheese and you have a winner.
- Heat your oven to 200°C.
- Combine your ricotta, parmesan, eggs, flour and seasoning in a bowl. Place mixture in a large piping bag.
- Tie string across a two handled pan filled with salted simmering water. Pipe your gnocchi into the pan by pushing on the string when you want to release it. Simmer for 2 mins, or until your gnocchi rise to the surface. Pat dry and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat your olive oil over a medium heat. Add your onion and saute for a few mins until soft, then add your pepper and cook out for another 5 mins until soft. Add your chilli, garlic and rosemary and cook for another 2 mins.
- Tip your sausage meat into the pan and turn up the heat, cooking for a few mins until brown whilst breaking up with your spoon.
- Add tomato puree, cook out for a few mins before adding your remaining ingredients. Simmer for 20 mins until your sauce is reduced slightly and fragrant. Add your basil and stir to combine.
- Pour your sausage meat into a dish and top with mozzarella. Assemble your gnocchi on top and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Oven bake for 25 mins until your gnocchi is golden, then sprinkle with basil and serve!