Holy mother of sweet and savoury goodness. If you love pretzels and you love brownies then our Gooey Pretzel Brownies are sure to hit every single spot. This combination gives you the perfect balance between sweet and salty; not to mention that whipping up a batch of these bad boys is super easy.
I mean summer bodies are great and all, but pretzel brownies might just be better.
What You’ll Need:
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 200g sugar
- 200g unsalted butter
- 4 small eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 70g plain flour
- 50 Pretzels (choc dipped or plain)
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
How You Make It:
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a bowl over simmering water. Set aside and leave to cool, adding vanilla essence now if using.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and fine salt together and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar together in a bowl until frothy.
- Add cooled chocolate mix and gently fold through. Add the dry sifted ingredients to this and fold again. Once nicely silky and smooth, pour half of your mix into a lined and greased 9″ square brownie tray.
- Pop down a layer of pretzels, then put down the rest of your brownie mix. Smooth out then add another layer of pretzels.
- Bake at 160degs for about 25 mins. You want it gooey so bring it out when the mixture still sticks to a skewer a little bit.