Grilled Cheese Fajita Taco
What you need
No equipment needed
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into small pieces
- 1 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 1/2 white onion (sliced)
- 1 sachet chicken fajita seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 4tbsp oil
- 200g grated cheddar
- 200g grated Red Leicester
- 50g soft butter
- 4 slices white bread
- Extras: more cheese, soured cream, fresh chopped tomatoes, coriander, red chillies
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Place the chicken, peppers, onions, seasoning, salt, pepper and oil on a baking tray. Toss together to fully coat everything then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While your chicken fajita filling is cooking, make your grilled cheese. Place down a piece of bread then top with lots of cheese and the other slice of bread. Press down to flatten then butter the outsides.
- Place the remaining butter in a hot pan. Melt until foaming then fry the grilled cheese on both sides until the bread is golden and the cheese is melting. Once cooked, mould over a rolling pin to create a taco case shape.
- Fill your taco cases with the chicken fajita mixture and top with the extras listed in the ingredients list.