Ham And Cheese Mash Squares
- Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
What you need
12 slices cheddar cheese
3 cups mashed potato
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 egg, whisked
1 cup seasoned flour
2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
4 eggs, whisked
Oil for frying
A perfect treat for lunch or dinner served with bechamel for that croque monsieur touch!
- Cut 2x2 squares of cheese and ham the same size. Layer 8 pieces of cheese and 7 pieces of ham.
- Mix together mashed potato, salt, pepper and 1 egg until combined.
- Wrap mash around each tower of ham and cheese and form a square. Freeze for 2 hours to set.
- Coat in flour, then egg then into breadcrumbs.
- Heat about 1/2-inch of oil on medium-high heat.
- Fry each side of the mashed ball until golden brown on each side. Bake for 10 minutes at 160ºC (325ºF) to heat through
- Serve with béchamel sauce, enjoy!