- Cut a slit in the side of each slice of bread being careful not to go all the way through. Using your fingers press inside slightly to create a pocket.
- Sandwich ham between two slices of cheese evenly so that it’s all one size and shape. Gently push inside each slice of bread. Place in a glass dish and set aside.
- In a pouring jug mix together eggs, cream, salt, and pepper until combined. Pour the egg mixture over both sandwiches and let soak. Flipping to soak both sides evenly.
- In a non-stick skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add one sandwich at a time and cook on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side. Be sure to control the heat so it doesn’t burn. Place in the oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Serve hot with condiments.